Saturday 29 August 2009

Never ending holidays By Whine the Poo

You know what they say about pretty girls?

"If a girl is really pretty, she will have a complete jerk boyfriend to prove it"

Come on. This is so unfair. You must not propagate phrases like that. It gives false hope to guys like me!

<--Since I have a lot of spare time with myself, these are the kind of thoughts flooding my head write now.

Every two hours, I get this strange feeling:

I want to delete my blog,
deactivate all my internet accounts,
burn this years diary,
format my computer,
and just vanish into thin air without leaving a trace.

That is if, boredom doesn't kill me already.

If you have read that post "Some things you dunno about me" you would know I wanted to be a drummer as a kid. When I recall that, I feel like pulling my hair out. Them darned instruments are more than twice my entire worth.

I also just love cricket. Playing, watching, listening. When I was in 2nd semester, this guy who then played for Mysore used to play with us in the evenings, and he had asked me to appear for selection that I may stand some chance with my bowling. I had asked my dad to let me go. He gave me a four word answer that put a big period next to all that.. "Shut - Up - And - Study"

Then I realised I really like this coding and shit. I had a knack for it, all the loops and variables, hardly got confused. It ain't so bad after all eh. I thought I will get somewhere with BE.

Fast-forward two and a half (million) years. I am sitting on a tattered, executive, antique, chair, which probably belonged to my grandpa - The Legendary Drunken Master, listening to Led Zepplin's Stairway To heaven and still dreaming about everything I thought I could have been.

The most entertaining thoughts come from a stray ant or a fly on the wall I am staring at (Yes, I'm still doing that, and No, it's not just a joke) and I go-

"Oh My God! There is an ant on the wall!! I wish I had a camera, I could take snaps and put it on Orkut and Facebook and I would be so popular"
I check my cellphone. No new messages.
Check my mail. No new mail.
There is something in the spam. "The enlargement that you needed"
I can't login to any sites. I used up my internet usage quote about 15 days ago.

While rummaging through my drawers and cupboards for something-anything interesting, I found a list I had made in January. And no, it was not interesting.

The list, was made with an assumption that I would have got my first earnings by Aug/Sep, and it included the things I wanted to buy,

*Chain for Pluto
*Repair DVD drive
*DVDs
*..

The list goes on..and I finally realise how unrealistically ambitious I have been all this while. I tore the piece of paper, crumpled the bits and threw it out of the house.

Feels like, I have been peeing in the ladies toilet, all my life. You dunno nothing wrongs yet and all seems to be fine, but when faced with reality, you just wanna hang yourself.

My mind is drifting away to nothingness, and that ain't happening any quickly either.

Dear God, if you are listening, I could really use one of those miracle thingies right now..

--
Whine the Poo

11 comments:

Silverstreak said...

OK, my story currently.

New country - awesome.
Many new awesome places - awesome.
No friends to go with to awesome places. - :(
Calls to India - Rs.25
Messages outgoing/incoming - Rs.20 = Hardly any messages in Inbox.

Friends in India having a good time while you are here friendless - Go figure!

Silverstreak said...

OK, my story currently.

New country - awesome.
Many new awesome places - awesome.
No friends to go with to awesome places. - :(
Calls to India - Rs.25
Messages outgoing/incoming - Rs.20 = Hardly any messages in Inbox.

Friends in India having a good time while you are here friendless - Go figure!

Mohan said...

""""When I was in 2nd semester, this guy who then played for Mysore used to play with us in the evenings, and he had asked me to appear for selection that I may stand some chance with my bowling. I had asked my dad to let me go. He gave me a four word answer that put a big period next to all that.. "Shut - Up - And - Study""""

ha ha, the same thing happened to me...

Iceman said...

@Silver streak
At least you have a new place..some change!! :|

@Mohan
Well I guess your BE is doing better than mine! I hope you end high.

djd said...

i fell laughing half way through.after that realized you are not trying to be funny is ur life that much in trouble?keep hope man
best of luck

Hemanth said...

Sorry for you iceman:(, just wait for things to get better;)

Rashmi said...

*Hugs* buddy

Iceman said...

*Hugs*

堕天使 pein魔王 said...

nxt yr i'l copy this blog and paste it in mine..................B positiv

Anonymous said...

there's always something to whine about no matter how well things are going on in life.
That is what life is.
Unless you look at it from a different perspective.

Iceman said...

@Anon
Thank you. That was enlightening.

Sorry for the late reply, hadnt noticed the comment.

@Pein
CMON!