Saturday 20 December 2008

My exams - now available in stereotype!

Ahh Exams...such lovely lovely exams!
And they come once every f**kin 6 months.
In between there are 3 lovely lovely internals. Oh that's only the theory part. There are 4 lab internals too.

So how do I prepare for my exams? Is it a mystery to my friends? I understand my hourly reports look like I'm fakin it.

20 hours to exam - "Dude I gotta start - you? "

15 hours to exam - "Dude I gotta start - you? "

12 hours to exam - "Dude I gotta start - you? "

11 hours to exam -
"Dude You wont believe it, I just started, and all this looks so frikkin dumb man, like, I wish I had done this days ago, I finished the entire first chapter in just , like , 1 hour or so "

Person at the other end " Dude, that chapter is not in syllabus "

"Oh!"



Yeah, I know, these always look fake! But do you still have a doubt after lookin at my aggregates?


Now lets get back to HOW I prepare.

Sooner or later , ok later (really really later), the harsh reality hits me that study holidays are meant for us to STUDY! The terrible shadow of exams is cast on everyone - EVEN ME!
Whyyy?? WHY ME???


I get my list of "Friends-with-brains" Which includes almost everyone I know (*Ahem*), and get some of them online. Usually its Nush.

Nush(whose nick rhymes with Shush) gets into " Mission:Save Iceman's butt! " mode and begins to mark out what I must study!

Selected topicsu we call it!

The selected topics that everybody give are usually the same, with Nush usually marking about say 50 marks worth more -Only!

ok!

1)We have selected topics
2)I sit down and mark the select topics from the select topics
3) I plan how much I need to cover among my select-select-topics
4)Everything is set - Lets play Counter Strike!!
5)You know what, I get bored of playing computer games after like just 4 hours so I shut down the game and finally finally, I decide to do that thing that I have been putting away for weeks...watch that movie!

Ok you get the picture..though I HAVE scaled things down for you!

10 hours to exam:
I run to Pradeep's room and fall to his feet and cry like a baby!
He picks me up,wipes my tears and selects some select topics from the topics which I had selected from Nush's selected topics.
I sit there for an hour and study those.

The exams -
Firstly, its pretty much like how I explained how my internals are...with minor changes!
Though I am surprised to say this, I am slightly better prepared for exams!

I know the first few answers, so I begin!
After half an hour or so, I have answered 6 marks worth and I cant seem to remember anything beyond that!
I look ahead, Dee has raced off to the 3rd questions already..now my heart starts beating!
The guys after me are frantically discussing something usually! I cant make head or tail out of it either!
Half way through the exam, people begin to realise I am sitting still and my eyes are wandering around the exam wondering HOW ON THE BLOODY EARTH THESE PEOPLE STUDY?
What can they possibly know that they can write for THREE WHOLE HOURS?
Machines I tell you! Machines made by society...nothing else!

After staring at the question paper for atleast another hour and reaching and groping into the deepest trenches of my messed up mind, I remember that I actually - miraculously - know the answer to one of the questions. I dunno how...but THANK YOU LORD!

I write and I write like my life depended on it(With neat handwriting) -


















The 8 key areas of success as listed by Peteer Drucker are..
فارسی‎ سؤولفارسی و از دید حیثیت و حقوق با هم برابرند, همه دارای اندیشه و وجدان می‌باشند و باید دربرابر همه‌ی افراد بشر آزاد به برادری رفتار کنندفارسی‎ سؤولفارسی و از و حقوق با هم برابرند, همه دارای اندیشه و وجدان می‌باشند و باید دربرابر همه‌ی افراد بشر آزاد به دنیا می‌آیندیکدیگر با روح برادری رفتار کنندفارسی‎ سؤولفارسی و از و وجدان می‌باشند و باید دربرابر همه‌ی افراد بشر آزاد با روح برادری رفتار کنندفارسی‎ سؤولفارسی و از دید حقوق با هم برابرند, همه دارای اندیشه و وجدان می‌باشند و باید دربرابر همه‌ی افراد بشر آزاد به دنیا می‌آیندیکدیگر با روح برادری رفتار کنندفارسی‎ سؤولفارسی و از دید حیثیت و حقوق با هم برابرند, همه دارای
اندیشه و وجدان می‌باشند و باید دربرابر همه‌ی افراد بشر آزاد به دنیا می‌آیندیکدیگر با روح برادری رفتار کنند


But every now and then I get the feeling that me and my evaluator don't meet eye-to-eye with my answers! I guess its just one of those feelings that are not true - after all, I have written what was in the text books right? RIGHT?


And ofcourse usually you can catch me shouting
" PASS! PASS! "
Oustide! After the exam...followed by cries of "Oh come on!" .. "Hey put a sock in it"
Some people even bash me up and kick me to stop me from saying that!


You know what the worst part is?

Its not doing the exams badly...its having to listen to people who whine and cry about how bad they are at studies when they are not even half as pathetic as me. It makes me feel doubly useless!

Amazingly I pass many subjects and just barely - mind you. But 80% of the credit goes to other people.
20% of the effort is mine. My BE is still far away, and so are the credits!

5 comments:

Anusha said...

LOL.......
all it takes is a little effort man.guess with our vtu standards your lack of interest towards exams is justified.but it really isn't that bad man.......

and stop writing your answers in a script resembling urdu-lest they think you're a terrorist :D

Silverstreak said...

Hahaha! Its been 3 days, and I have no clue what Drucker said! Hell, I have no idea what Booch said either. Its the same story everywhere, but I did manage to finish today's paper!!

3 more to go!! Can't wait!

Iceman said...

No surprise Anusha you are saying it ain't really that bad...but..

Dear Poof, are ya one of those people who ain't even half as pathetic as me? Cause it took me a while to realise who the hell Booch was and what's he gotta do with the post. (But I did realise...see I'm improving)

Ganesh Prasad Eswar Kolekar said...

ha ha maga.. super.. i just saw myself in your blog... just characters change asthe....@!!!

Unknown said...

bloody ass, stop playin comp games atleast durin exmas!! but the article was too good.. :)