Monday 30 April 2012

The Avengers - Go watch!

*Not a review*

I had to watch this movie two nights in a row. The first time in a good multiplex - Cinepolis and the second time in a bad "multiplex" - DRC. That's when I realized how badly DRC sucks. The 3d was so good in the first theatre. The first 3d movie I had watched was Chota Chetan in a theatre called Woodlands and the 3D effects for it back in the 90s was way better than watching it at DRC, Mysore.

I have no idea why I agreed to be dragged to it for the second night in a row, I was either intoxicated or I had liked the movie the first time or I liked the company - or all three!

Anyway, the movie is awesome. I only went to watch because I am a big fan of Iron man, Robert Downey Jr and The Hulk. I guess a lot of people are, which is why the directors have focused on their roles and they bloody well stole the show (and I say that with a British accent, so it must be true).

Remember Loki from Thor (2011)? Well he is the villain here and he wants to take over earth with the help of an army made of creatures from other dimensions. He is gonna do this by opening a portal to those other dimensions with the help of the Tesseract from Asgard.


I was not very sure of how much I would really enjoy "The Avengers" franchise, but now I'm convinced. 


Mark Ruffalo becomes the third person(after Eric Bana and Edward Norton) to play The incredible hulk and a very convincing at that. Very convincing as Bruce Banner, very convincing as The hulk (well, lets leave that to the graphics shall we?). Very convincing over all.

Some dialogues (no spoilers):

Tony Stark: Dr. Banner, your work is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster.

Bruce Banner: Thanks.



----
 
Thor: You will not talk about Loki like that, he is an Asgardian and he's my brother
Natasha Romanoff: He killed 80 people in 2 days
Thor: He's adopted


 ----


Tony Stark: No offence, but I don't play well with others.
Steve Rogers: Big man, in a suit of armour... take that away, what are you?
Tony Stark: Uh... genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist... 







----



*Okay FINE! This was a review - sorta*

2 comments:

Pooja said...

Ugh! Spoilers :P
Do you know what is the difference between the Incredible Hulk and The little green men??? Think Think

Iceman said...

The former is better endowed when he is angry?