Thursday 14 August 2008

At every window, every door, in every heart!

Not because anybody else is writing about this, not because its on everybody's minds and definitely not because of the date....

Only because I feel this in my heart!


60 years ago, so many men and women gave their lives, for what they thought will be a great nation. I don't know if its the greatest, with our politicians, corrupt organisations and the government employees...
..but I do know that it is one of the greatest , just because of the rest of the people who are sweating it out, for the country, with every sense of what our tricolours stand for...

I celebrated my Independence day by waking up late - as usual.
I did not hoist a flag today, nor did I witness someone else do it. I did not listen to the national anthem (yet). I did not speak or hear someone do so about India. But then, thats only because I don't need a date to do all this. Aug 15th or not, I am always patriotic. I listen to and sing the anthem on other days too. It's for the ones who don't, that Independence day exist. The only day most lay men will go on for minutes and minutes (not necessarily hours) about how great India is, only to go home and complain about what all the country has not done for him? (as the saying goes :) , which I will not quote here).


...because of every soldier, farmer and people who are Indian in every sense...I am Proud to be an Indian. If I could choose to be born in any country, as much as I am in awe of some other countries...there is no place like India.
Jai Hind!

1 comment:

silk smitha and disco shanti said...

ok uncle..
stand at ease...attention...jai hind...