Monday 4 February 2008

~nUmB3Rs~

I have an almost perfect count of the number of visitors on my blog and I pride myself over it, though I don't pride myself over the numbers themselves! You will see why-


I had been using google adsense to count the number of hits on my blog since I was told it was quite reliable.I signed up on July 14th I guess...and the count is from July 15th!
6th December 2007 the counter touched 3000 hits.
I just gave the issue more air than anything because I had nothing to boast about in my life ;P
Later I found out that google was not so reliable as was touted.So I used a different web counter to measure the hits.On a single day it showed 50000+ hits...yeah...right!!
So I went back to google...until I found a really reliable counter.Which you now see as burning numbers on the right column of your screen. :)

From the first blog 9th Feb 2007 to July 14th, I take the liberty to consider an additional 100 visitors..and maybe 200 more considering the lack of reliability of the google thing. Anyway the new web counter has been picked up from the exact number where I left google and not the additional 300 I just told you about.


All said and done...I don't really give a damn about the hits on my blog, because in the first place, I blog anonymously, then I make sure I don't give the link to too many people I know.So caring about the hits doesn't seem to make sense!


THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE OF YOU WHO JUST WONDER WHAT THOSE NUMBERS MEAN!!!

No comments: