Thursday 14 October 2010

Waiting for Deepavali leave

There is a holiday declared on Nov 1st and 5th. So I just have to apply 3 days of leave (Which I don't have anymore in the first place) in order to enjoy 9 days of vacation. I approached my manager in August and September for the approval of the same. [BTW My manager and my team lead have taken an oath to ruin my life, but that's another story]. He has denied both the times.


His reason is that since I am more local I can't be granted the leave since there are scores of other people waiting in line.




















Looks like it ain't happening!

7 comments:

v! said...

Medical emergencies! and then thank the lord for the existence of such a concept called coincidence :)

When is deepavali exactly though? and why is 5th a holiday?

Kavya said...

I was talking to manager about work and he asked me about my holiday plans so before i even asked he said any other days other than 2-3 next month? He wrote down and din't say anything eventhough almost everyone is team is on leave! :D. lucky me :P

Gauri Gharpure said...

:D... the photo is so super cool.. where did you source it from??

i hope you get the extra days, but honestly, an office that shuts for 5 days at a stretch is a luxury in the first place in this time and age.. wht say??

Iceman said...

@V yes..but after asking him twice, he will know I am lying. 5th is Deepavali!

@Kav lucky ass

@Gauri Few days back I was home for 3 days and it was boring, but only because there were no friends around.
But Deepavali holidays (9 days) will be different since everyone is coming home.

Mallika S said...

The idea to put the particular picture for this post is really cool.. Thumbs up!!

Ganesh Prasad Eswar Kolekar said...

he he nice :)

Iceman said...

All..thnx to the accident, I finally got that leave :P

@V You should speak more pleasant truths for me. They seem to come true :D